White water rafting (includes boxed lunch and transportation, does NOT include tip for guides) – $110
Come and join us for 2 to 2.5 hours of family fun class II+ mild whitewater rafting. From the mild flat water stretches that are ideal for viewing nature and instigating water fights, to the splashy and fun little rapids, the Weber River has it all. Jump into one of our paddle rafts and let our friendly, knowledgeable, and entertaining guides take you down the many facets of the Weber River. Float through a forest of herons’ nests to the exhilarating rock garden, and wrap things up with the exciting Taggart Falls. This is a wonderful adventure for the whole family.
On-river time: 2-2.5 hours; ages: 3 and older
Departure from Snowbird Resort 12:15, return late afternoon
May 23 update- Dear ACC river rafters,
I’m told that the late winter snows in Utah have created for a nice flow of the Weber river (the preferred site; our backup was the Provo river), and the Weber will be our venue for some spectacular scenery and an easy float, with class 2+ rapids (gentle, but exhilarating!). You can get specific details of the trip plus a list of rafting FAQs at
We will be leaving Snowbird IMMEDIATELY after the Tuesday (6/12/18) morning session, which is scheduled to end at noon. PLEASE PLAN TO BRING ALL YOU NEED TO THE SESSION SO WE CAN BOARD THE VANS AS CLOSELY AFTER 12PM TO GET ON THE RIVER as early as possible. Vans will depart no later than 12:15PM – the sooner we get going, the less rushed our trip will be – and we don’t want to be late for our fun party Tuesday evening! Box lunches will be available for you to pick up at the ACC registration area and we suggest eating during the ~1 hour drive to our put-in area near Henefer, UT (you’ve already paid for the lunch when you registered). Also, please note that we have included gratuity for our guides into the cost of the trip. The rafting company will get us back to Snowbird no later than 5:30PM, as our Banquet at the Summit begins at 6PM. Below is information from Destination Sports regarding what to bring.
Come prepared to have fun and AVOID SUNBURN!
BRING THESE ESSENTIALS:
• Sunscreen (better yet, cover up with lightweight long sleeves and long pants or capris)
• Hat and Sunglasses
• Quick dry clothes and/or change of clothes (note: depending on what time we get off the river, we may not have time to go to the base camp, which has a changing room, so you may need to ride back a little wet….)
- TOWEL to dry off and for the ride back
• Rain jacket on rainy days
• Fleece or jacket on cool days
• Any necessary medications
• Water sandals or shoes that will stay on your feet. Your feet will get wet. We do have water shoes available for rent at base camp.
• If you want to bring a phone or camera, please recognize that it could get wet or dropped in the river. A dry bag or dry case with a neck lanyard is recommended. We do have some available for sale at base camp.(note: our particular trip will not be going to the base camp – we’ll go directly to the river from Snowbird)
Fly fishing (includes boxed lunch, waders, all fly fishing equipment, flies, transportation, sales tax, and tip for guides) – minimum 10, maximum 15 participants – $245
This activity will provide excellent fly fishing on either the Provo and Weber Rivers (or split between both, depending on which is fishing better). There will be two people to a guide (guides from Trout Bum 2 in Park City, UT). You’ll be contacted about wader size and for Utah fishing license information by Peter Jacky. You can reach him by email or phone (503) 522-7678 with questions.
Departure from Snowbird Resort 12:30pm, off the water by 6pm, ready to dance in fish waders
Hiking around Snowbird – $25 (for boxed lunch)
Leave Snowbird Resort, 12:30-12:45
Return Snowbird Resort, mid- to late-afternoon